VizworX Inc. -Calgary, AB
What is Panoptica?
Panoptica is an Augmented Reality (AR) model review application that leverages augmented reality to allow users to walk through and view any kind of 3D model in full one to one scale. This application loads 3D models from your desktop and displays them on the Microsoft Hololens and other supported AR Devices. While using the app, the model can be displayed to scale in front of one or more participants while allowing each user to independently interact with and manipulate the model in real-time.
These independent, collaborative interactions speed up design review conversations and allow for collaboration surrounding operations, ergonomics, safety, and maintenance in a manner that is simpler, more effective and cost efficient than today’s current methods.
What can you do with Panoptica?
- Interact with the models and collaborate with multiple people in the same virtual space at the same time, regardless of whether or not they’re in the same room.
- Have avatars represent remote users and highlight what they are looking at
- View the models in their actual size or scale them down
- Place and rotate models
- Measure distances between elements of models
- Compare as-built to plan by overlaying optically scanned versions of constructed objects on top of the planned 3D models
- Access pop-up tooltips with information about various components in models
- Leave comments for specific areas in the model using the companion mobile application
How do you use Panoptica?
Load models to the Microsoft Hololens. Set up projects and design review sessions using the desktop Commander Application. Interact in model with a supported AR device and the mobile companion application. Engage with the 3D models using natural human interactions during an engineering design review meeting as if the models were physically present
Panoptica is set to officially launch later this year.