Summer Student – Marketing Assistant
VizworX Inc. – Calgary, AB
VizworX is looking for an energetic individual to join our team as a Marketing Assistant. If you want to be creative and you like to collaborate with developers, designers, and visionaries, this is the perfect role for you. The successful candidate will report directly to the Business Development Manager and will be responsible for a variety of duties, including support of strategic projects, events, and operational tasks. You will learn unique skills and jumpstart your career by joining our talented team.
What you will do:
- Assist in company branding strategies
- Assist in developing marketing collateral
- Work and communicate with both staff and external contacts and vendors
- Create and/or update content (including graphics) as required
- Reporting and analysis
- Understand and exercise SEO best practices
- Plan and organize company events
- Work with the team to complete all internal processes leading up to an event, during an event, and following an event
- Assist with monitoring and posting on VizworX social media channels
What you bring to the team:
- Currently enrolled in a university cooperative education program
- Experience with photography and videography an asset
- Experience with Adobe Suite software
- Strong writing and communication skills
- An outgoing personality to represent VizworX at external events
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and visual format.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Energetic, outgoing, kind, and personable
- Strategic and quick-witted
- A problem-solver
- Experience in event planning an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Interested in technology
- Ability to recognize and manage conflicting priorities
Job Type: Contract
- Calgary, AB (Required)